Thank you for visiting my website
My name is Siobhan Long and I am an accredited integrative Counsellor working privately in Youghal, Co. Cork. Offering one to one short and long term sessions. I have worked in many different sectors, media, mental health, bereavement, primary schools and voluntary sector. I feel the volume of experience I have accumulated over a number of years and the range of counselling approaches I use will help you make sense of your concerns and find positive steps to resolving them. I have experience of working with many different issues which include:
Stress, Anxiety, Postnatal Depression, Bereavement, Work related issues, Family issues, Bullying, Low self esteem, Low self confidence, Depression, ADHD, PTSD, Redundancy, Abuse.
What is Integrative Counselling?
Integrative counselling is a term used to describe the integration of two or more counselling techniques. As an Integrative counsellor I am not aligned to any single type of therapy, as I believe that no single approach works for every client in every situation. As humans we each think, feel and react in different ways and so I work with each client to produce a unique approach that is suited to their individual needs.
- Certificate in counselling training
- Advanced certificate in counselling skills and theory
- Certificate in counselling skills – children and adolescents
- Advanced diploma in therapeutic counselling
- Mental Health and Bereavement training with both MIND and Camden, City, Islington and Westminster Bereavement Service
- Place2be – Play and Art Therapy
- Accredited member of the BACP, IACP
I constantly strive to keep up to date, and as a member of the BACP I receive monthly magazines and have unlimited excess to forums, updates through BACP website. I attend regular seminars, training programs and CDP workshops. I also receive the required supervision needed to maintain a professional approach to work.